Saturday 12 January 2013

Uroboros: The serpent swallows its own tail


The uroboros, after which this outfit from Bare Rose is named,  is the symbol of the snake that bites or swallows its own tail.
You can read more about it on the relevant wikipedia page but among its meanings are immortality and eternity, unity, and the cyclical nature of existence.

Gold is another symbol of eternity (hence its use in wedding rings) while the skull fragment reflects the cycles of nature again.

With all this symbolism, it'd be a wonderful outfit for a goddess, priestess, sorceress, angel or demon.














Al Raqis sim
BTW this is my 500th post on this blog. When I started it I was convinced I be bored of it within a few weeks, so I'm amazed I've managed to keep it going so long. Occasionally, I look back on the archives and cringe, but everybody has to start somewhere. In a way, those early photos are like a kind of reverse

Big hugs and and thanks to all - I hope you've found something of interest here, and hopefully picked up a nice freebie or two along the way ;)

Slurl to Bare Rose

Outfit: Bare Rose - Uroboros T2 (partial mesh)
Skin: Glam Affair - Amberly, petal edition melodia (group gift, join fee applies)
Lipstick: Dutch Touch (now closed) -  MegAn MakeUp LIPSticks
Shape: Tuty's - Gong (modified)
Hair: Truth hair -  Mercedes 
Eyes: Mayfly - Deep Sky Mesh Eyes (Monet Dawn Shadow)
Poses by chanimations
Photos taken on Al Raqis sim

No comments:

Post a Comment